Thank you for your interest in teaching at The Clearing!
I hope your summer has gone well! We now turn our thoughts to planning The Clearing's 2014 Winter Program. Classes are scheduled to begin Monday, January 6, 2014 and end Friday, February 28, 2014. We are looking forward to another diverse and educational mix of class offerings!
This letter is to invite you to submit a class proposal to volunteer teach a class in The Clearing's Winter Program.
For those of you who may be new to or less familiar with The Clearing's Winter Program, we offer over 100 day-classes for adults in January and February. In addition to an impressive selection of classes, the Winter Program represents something unique and wonderful about Door County; an amazing group of volunteer instructors who generously share their time, and their considerable talent, for the benefit of the community. Classes are usually 2, 4, 6 or 8 sessions long: one session per week with each class session lasting about 3 hours and scheduled on the same day of the week for the number of weeks the class runs.
As a reminder, volunteer instructors receive credit toward any winter class they would like to participate in, based on availability. The amount of credit is determined by how many sessions/classes you are teaching. Further details regarding class credit are included in the Instructor Guidelines brochure distributed to instructors in December. Now over 600 strong, you won't meet a friendlier or hardier group of people than The Clearing's instructors and students in winter!
If you are interested in volunteering to teach more than one class, please use the class proposal link HERE. Also, if you know of anyone who might be interested in volunteer teaching a winter class in the arts, fine crafts, natural sciences or humanities, please let me know. I will be happy to contact them, and send them this packet.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Class proposals for the 2014 Winter Program are due Friday, September 20.
- Classes held on The Clearing property are not usually scheduled in the evening or on weekends.
- While many classes are held on The Clearing campus, classes may also be held in your place of business or home, if sufficient room for 6-10 students exists.
- If you would like us to use the same class description write-up as last year, please indicate this in the Class Write-Up Section.
- The Instructor Luncheon is scheduled for Monday & Tuesday, December 9 & 10 (your choice of one date). The Holiday Open House is scheduled for Thursday & Friday, December 5 & 6.
- Further details for both events will follow in the coming months. Hope you can make it!
If there are any questions about your proposal, you will be contacted by a member of The Clearing staff. We will be working on the 2014 Winter Program class schedule to have the catalog out by late November.
I look forward to working with you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions about your proposal especially if you are new to the Winter Program. Thank you for your support through volunteer teaching at The Clearing!