The Friends of The Clearing organization is the foundation of volunteer and financial support for The Clearing. Seven people started the Friends in 1961. Today, there are over 1,200 members! During the 1980's, many members of the Friends played crucial roles in the process that resulted in The Clearing becoming independent from the Wisconsin Farm Bureau. Without the support and loyalty of those members, The Clearing may not have survived. Today, Friends members volunteer in every capacity at The Clearing, are very generous with their financial support and provide a strong "student base" for The Clearing's programs.
Enjoy the Benefits of Membership!
- The satisfaction that comes with supporting a place you love.
- A 10% discount in The Clearing Bookstore.
- A 10% discount on Winter Program classes.
- A $5 discount on early arrival for Summer Program classes.
- Spring and fall issues of Siftings, the Friends of The Clearing newsletter.
- Invitations to the Friends of The Clearing annual meeting and other special events.
- Friends of The Clearing Life Members receive an early registration option for all Clearing classes.
- $45 Annual Individual
- $90 Annual Couple
- $450 Life Individual*
- $900 Life Couple*
- $125 Business
Want to Join the Friends?
Interested in becoming a Friend of The Clearing? Complete our Friends Membership Form.
The Clearing is a non-profit corporation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Membership dues and other contributions to The Clearing are tax-deductible.
*Life membership dues may be paid in installments. Call The Clearing for details.